CASBAA is the association for the multi-channel audio-visual content creation and distribution industry across Asia.
The CASBAA mission is to promote industry growth in the region. In so doing, it seeks to:
- Represent: via government advocacy and interaction with trade organizations.
- Inform: via conferences, roundtables, newsletters & publications.
- Connect: via networking opportunities and informal gatherings.
In order to qualify for Membership in CASBAA, prospective members undertake to adhere to all of the following principles:
- CASBAA members are committed to the growth of the multichannel audio-visual content creation and distribution industry across the Asia Pacific region.
- CASBAA members believe that appropriate rights for creators must be maintained and enforced in order to drive innovation to the benefit of the creative industries and society as a whole.
- CASBAA members are committed to maintaining or strengthening copyright protections online.
- CASBAA members support a light-touch regulatory environment, in which a level playing field is established for all industry participants.
- CASBAA members favour open markets, and strive for unrestricted access to individual markets in the region.
- CASBAA members support ethical business practices.
- CASBAA members agree not to involve the Association in activities that contravene sanctions administered by the United Nations, HM Treasury (UK), the European Union, the United States Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), or the Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- CASBAA members agree not to involve the Association in business activities that have any direct or indirect connection to the Myanmar military or any Myanmar military-owned or Myanmar military-controlled entity.