CASBAA’s submission to this year’s intellectual property review by the U.S. Trade Representative documents an ongoing decline in IP protection in many Asian markets – due directly to mushrooming piracy as broadband networks are built out. Among other issues, the submission comments on:
- The Chinese IT industry’s supportive role in global TV piracy
- Hong Kong’s decline from being an IP policy leader, as even modest attempts to improve copyright legislation flounder
- India’s efforts to use cable digitization to repress cable piracy
- Indonesian issues on piracy as well as market access
- Failure of Thailand’s new copyright law to make any impact on online piracy
Read more here.