11, Hong Kong – SCM, the region’s No. 1 Chinese movies channel under Fox Network Group Asia (FNG), has snatched the exclusive rights of most of the award winning films in the 36th HK Film Awards, the city’s answer to the Oscars. They include Trivisa, which scooped a total of 5 awards including the Best Picture, and other film titles Mad World, Happiness, See you tomorrow, The Monkey King 2 and Godspeed.
The addition of all these award-winning titles to SCM’s film inventory further cements the channel’s position as the premier destination for the best in Chinese cinema.
SCM’s ‘wins’ in this year’s HK Film Awards include:
– Trivisa (樹大招風 ): 5 awards including Best Film, Best Director (Frank Hui, Jevons Au, Vicky Wong), Best Screenplay (Loong Man Hong, Thomas Ng, Mak Tin Shu), Best Actor (Lam Ka Tung) and Best Film Editing
– Mad World (一念無明): 3 awards including Best Supporting Actor (Eric Tsang), Best Supporting Actress (Elaine Jin) and Best New Director (Wong Chun)
– Happiness (幸運是我): Best Actress (Kara Wai)
– See you tomorrow (擺渡人): 2 awards including Best Cinematography and Best Art Direction
– The Monkey King 2 (西遊記之孫悟空三打白骨精): 2 awards including Best Costume & Make Up Design and Best Visual Effects
– Godspeed(一路順風): The Best Film From Mainland And Taiwan
SCM (衛視電影台) (formerly known as STAR Chinese Movies) is the No. 1 Chinese movie channel in Asia and is the premier destination for lovers of blockbuster Chinese cinema, with more than 1,000 titles in its film inventory. SCM is dedicated to providing first-run, premium content as well as cutting-edge advanced services. Premiering box-office hits from Hong Kong, Mainland China and Taiwan, SCM guarantees exclusives from top Chinese and Asian producers and major studios such as Emperor Motion Pictures, Media Asia, Pegasus and Fortune Star. In addition to hit movies, SCM also offers a powerful combination of live events, major concerts and acclaimed Asian documentaries in Cantonese or Mandarin with Chinese and English as well as Bahasa Indonesia and Thai subtitles. With this unrivalled content together with HD viewing, a VOD service and a market-leading online catch-up service called SCM Play, the channel provides an unmatched entertainment experience.
About FOX Networks Group
FOX Networks Group (FNG) is 21st Century FOX’s international multi-media business. We develop, produce and distribute 300+ wholly- and majority-owned entertainment, sports, factual and movie channels in 45 languages across Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa. FNG’s core channel brands include FOX, FOX Sports, FOX Life, FOX+ and National Geographic. FNG’s movie channels include FOX Movies, FOX Movies Premium and SCM (formerly Star Chinese Movies). Our non-linear brands include FOX Play, FOX Play+ and Nat Geo Play. These networks and their related mobile, non-linear and high- definition extensions, reach over 1.825 billion cumulative households worldwide. In addition, FNG owns and operates two production studios and produces thousands of local programming hours for its wholly owned channels and third parties.
Assistant Manager, Marketing (HK Market) | FOX Networks Group Asia
Valerie.email@example.com | Mobile: +852.9151.0002