SINGAPORE, 27 FEBRUARY 2017 – Viewers in Southeast Asia are in for brand new treats in March as MTV today announced the launch of a new weekly music chart show MTV NOW STREAMING and the return of Catfish: The TV Show for an intense sixth season. In line with International Women’s Day on 8 March, the channel has also put together a special “MTV WOMEN’S MARCH” programme line-up for viewers, which will air every Saturday and Sunday in March. Fans can catch music videos of female artists, short stories from The Ride, girl talk from the outspoken cast of Girl Code, celebrity interviews from MTV Asks, and more. Viewers who tune in to weekly music and lifestyle programme The MTV Show will see Asia’s VJ Hanli Hoefer hang out with female influencers like Jemma Wei (@jemmawei) and Saffron Sharpe (@saffronsharpe), and singer Tabitha Nauser (@tabithanauser).
MTV NOW STREAMING – starts 4 March, Saturdays at 1.30pm (TH/WIB), 2.30pm (PH/SG) and 3.30pm (MY)
In MTV’s first collaboration with the Recording Industry Association of Singapore, the new weekly music chart show will enable viewers to catch music videos of the Top 10 most streamed singles in Singapore across all genres from various music streaming platforms, powered by data from the Recording Industry Association of Singapore.
The MTV Show – Saturdays at 1pm (TH/WIB), 2pm (PH/SG) and 3pm (MY)
Upcoming episodes hosted by VJ Hanli will feature Saffron Sharpe (11 March), Tabitha Nauser (18 March), and Jemma Wei (25 March), as they explore topics such as fashion, fitness, music, food, and blogging. Saffron shares her workout tips and ‘girl codes’ and tries out an unusual workout with Hanli before the duo hit up a store to style different outfits for each other. Look out for more influencers who will make guest appearances with Hanli.
Catfish: The TV Show (Season 6) – starts 29 March, Wednesdays at 7pm (TH/WIB), 8pm (PH/SG) and 9pm (MY)
Hosts Nev Shulman and Max Joseph are back at it, bringing together couples who have spent their entire romance online. For the first time ever, Catfish: The TV Show will air a special investigative episode of a celebrity catfish case. One of the biggest public catfish stories, that of former NBA player Chris “Birdman” Anderson, will be reopened, examining new clues, undiscovered events, and speaking with new witnesses.
Season six will have Nev and Max diving deeper than ever before to uncover the truth behind cyber relationships. Another first for this season, the duo will be checking in with several couples featured to see how their relationships played out once the cameras left. This season the online connections are stronger, mysteries more complex and lies and cover-ups more intense.
In the lead-up to the new season, fans can get started on two specials:
- Top Ten Catfish Moments
After shooting nearly eighty episodes of Catfish, Nev and Max have seen a lot of crazy things! They count down their most memorable “Holy Mackerel!” moments, as well as share with viewers a few exclusive sneak peeks. Premieres on Wednesday, 15 March at 7pm (TH/WIB), 8pm (PH/SG) and 9pm (MY).
- Catfish: Hooked on Love
Join Nev and Max on a trip down memory lane as they reminisce about the happiest highlights of the past seasons. They countdown the 10 most amorous Catfish moments, as well as sneak peeks at what’s on deck for season six! Premieres on Wednesday, 22 March at 7pm (TH/WIB), 8pm (PH/SG) and 9pm (MY).
MTV WOMEN’S MARCH – starts 4 March, Saturdays and Sundays at 7pm (TH/WIB), 8pm (PH/SG) and 9pm (MY)
Follow the journeys of successful female stars from The Ride, participate in a healthy dose of female-centric discussion on Girl Code, and unwind to some music from female singers with the essence of “Girl Power”. Repeats are from Mondays to Thursdays at 3pm (TH/WIB), 4pm (PH/SG) and 5pm (MY).
- Girl Code – A strong and smart female driven comedy series bringing millennial viewers a new, hilarious how-to manual full of over the top tips to push the envelope and open the dialogue about womanhood.
- Fifth Harmony’s Leading Ladies of Pop – These lovely ladies are stealing the show with their super-hot videos and fierce voices, but who do they think are the leading ladies of pop at the moment?
- The Ride: Charli XCX – Charli XCX reveals who inspires her songwriting and explains why she gave away her first hit song “I Love It”, and almost did it again with breakthrough smash “Boom Clap”. Charli reflects back on how her global hit “Fancy” was pivotal in launching her into the mainstream and makes no apologies for being bold and breaking the rules, as she struggled to find her own identity as a solo artist.
- The Ride: Demi Lovato – The pop superstar reveals the most game-changing moments that “made her” professionally -and transformed her life personally—culminating in THE #1 most important moment that changed everything.
- The Ride: Fifth Harmony – Fifth Harmony share their story in their own words, and discuss the growing pains of “five becoming one,” the deep connection to their super fans (The Harmonizers), and the thrill of creating hits that top the charts.
- The Ride: Rita Ora – Rita Ora has accomplished more in her 26 years than most people, but her journey to international stardom wasn’t easy and did not happen overnight. In her own words, “It’s been a long time coming.” This episode follows the ups and downs of Rita’s life journey as she hustled to get her voice heard, to her big break with Jay-Z’s Roc Nation, and ultimately becoming a triple threat in the worlds of music, fashion and film.
- MTV Asks – Four specials featuring Demi Lovato, Ellie Goulding, Meghan Trainor and Rita Ora, where the artists answer questions sent in by fans across the globe.
MTV is the world’s biggest youth entertainment brand. With a global reach of nearly 785 million households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. Outside of the United States, MTV is part of Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all platforms. For more information about MTV in Asia, visit www.mtvasia.com.
Viacom International Media Networks
Loh Bi Feng
Manager, Communications, Southeast Asia
t: +65 6420 7154 m: +65 9002 9607 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Director, Corporate & Brand Communications, Asia
t: +65 6420 7240 m: +65 9366 7323 e: email@example.com